The Nevada Hotel and Lodging Foundation is honored to have Jaime Miranda, Vice President of Hotel Operations-Luxury Services at the Venetian and Palazzo, on the board of trustees. Jaime is a founding member for the scholarship foundation and brings creativity, passion for learning, and years of extensive education and experience to the organization.
Jaime graduated from Virginia Tech with a Bachelor of Science in Hospitality & Tourism Management nearly 20 years ago. She began her career at the JW Marriott in Washington, DC, prior to joining the Operations Team at the Venetian Resort & Casino in 2005.
In 2019, Jaime earned a Master of Business Administration from the Wharton School of Business. During her tenure at the Venetian, Jaime has worked in numerous operational capacities including Front Office, Group Services, and Telecommunications. Her focus and passion have always been on the guest experience, team member engagement and EBITDA growth. In her current position of Vice President of Hotel Operations – Luxury Services, Jaime oversees the daily operations of the hotel & collaborates with her colleagues on the strategic vision of the guest experience, a role she considers a distinct privilege to fulfill.
We talked to Jaime to learn more about her involvement in NHLF.
Q. Jaime, you are a founding member with the foundation. With you in such a high profile position in one of the world’s nicest resorts, you must be asked to participate in numerous outside activities. Why did you accept the invitation to serve on the NHLF board?
A. Las Vegas is built on the hospitality industry, and NHLF is built for the hospitality industry. NHLF is focused on growing our industry by providing accessibility & resources to current & future hospitality professionals. As someone who came to Nevada 16+ years ago & is raising a family here, I believe it is my responsibility to help foster the continued development of our industry. The best way to do that is through people, and NHLF is focused on creating opportunities for people.
Q. You are very active in the educational programs including scholarship applications and grants as well as a unique mentorship program. Describe how the mentorship program is a key benefit for scholarship recipients.
A. I am very excited about our Mentor program, it is unique in that, each academic scholarship recipient will be paired with two mentors, one at their university & one in the industry. I’m not aware of another program that provides this unique partnership to provide the scholarship recipient a full mentorship program focused on maximizing all resources available to them.
Each scholarship recipient will have two exceptional mentors partnered together to provide resources, access, & guidance through their complimentary experiences & knowledge. For instance, the university mentor can expose a student to resources, experiences & programs available through their school while the industry mentor may have more access to shadowing & on-property experiences, and both will have invaluable insight when discussing career direction and goals.
Q. How can our local statewide communities and leaders get involved in the Nevada Hotel and Lodging Foundation?
A. The opportunities are endless!
- Attend an Event – The easiest way is to attend an event. Learn more about what we do and why we do it, get to know others in our industry, and have fun or learn something new.
- Join a Committee – We are always looking for individuals who are as passionate about our state, our industry & our future as we are. This is a great way to get involved, meet others in our industry, develop your skills, & donate your time & expertise. We have committee seats available on the Fundraising, Events/F&B, Education/Mentoring, & Communication Committees available.
- Suggest a Fundraiser – If you have a great idea on how to raise funds for NHLF, we want to hear it.
- Host an Event – Have something unique, educational, or fun to share with our community? We would love to talk to you about how we can work together to provide you exposure and raise funds for NHLF.
- Donate – NHLF is driven by donations by generous donors such as yourself. No donation is too small, if you or your organization have the resources, consider making a one-time donation, or joining our Dedicated Donor Club with a monthly donation as small as $10 per month.
Q. What are some of the personal and professional benefits of participating in one of the committees?
A. Committee involvement is a true win-win proposition. NHLF benefits from invaluable resource for our foundation; committees are paramount to the overall success & growth of the foundation. Committee Members gain unparalleled exposure, skillset development, networking opportunities, and a sense of accomplishment. Committees are a way to:
- Roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty.
- Be a leader in the industry beyond your organization.
- Make an impact in our industry.
- Grow your skillsets in an area you have not focused on before (for example selling on the Fundraising Committee or event planning on the Events/F&B Committee)
- Share your skills & expertise with others, putting them into action for the betterment of our colleagues & industry
Jaime, thank you for your ongoing support and engagement in the Nevada Hotel and Lodging Foundation.